Wednesday, October 12, 2005

It's a low day today

So far this week I have had two interviews for jobs. Sounds good doesn't it? Well it's not. The first was for the lovely company West. West is a business to business sales office. They have lots of clients that they manage sales for. If you are familiar with this blog you will recognize the name because West in on my list of all time loser companies. This last interview marks my 7th with the company. So that makes me a loser for going to all these interviews. So here's what happened. I go for yet another interview and it goes swimmingly, they love me! The two interviewers try to offer me a job on the spot - but because this is coming from a staffing agency, I instruct them to contact the agency. I call the agency and tell them how the interview went and then I sit. You got it, they hire from within yet again. Here I sit with egg all over my face.

The second interview? Yes that was with a school district for a full time position. I arrive at the interview all decked out and ready for action. The job has been downsized to 2 hours 4 days a week and no benefits. But since I have a teaching license would I be willing to sub? Oh yuck! Egg on my face again.

I'm beginning to think there is something wrong with me. That there is a black list out there somewhere and I'm on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home